- April 22, 2021
- 11 GHz, 11GHz, 6 GHz, 6GHz, 80 GHz E-Band, IRU 600, L1LA, Layer 1 link aggregation, multi-band, multiband, multiband radio, OPEX, TCO, Total Cost of Ownership, WIFI 6e
With the current landscape of network economics and challenges associated with capacity and spectrum, having multiple tools for link deployments, capacity growth, and future-proofing are necessary. In this blog, we’ll discuss the concept of Microwave Multi-Band, or the use of two different microwave frequency bands over one link, and specifically the combination of 6 GHz and 11 GHz.
- February 23, 2021
- all-outdoor, connectivity, distance-learning, FCC, global fund, high-speed broadband, LTD Broadband, multi-band, multiband, RDOF, rural broadband, rural digital opportunity fund, telemedicine, unserved, virtual, Virtual Private Networks
Demand for broadband services to unserved or underserved rural communities has been a topic among governments worldwide for more than two decades. While there has been some government funding directed toward rural connectivity in prior years, the global COVID-19 pandemic has increased the urgency to close the digital divide.
- December 23, 2020
- 5G backhaul, capacity demand, demand, E-Band, eband, eband radio, high capacity, microwave, Microwave Capacity, microwave radios, millimeter wave radio, millimeter-wave, millimeterwave, multi-band, multi-band radio, multiband, multiband radio, rural broadband, traditional microwave, Wireless Backhaul, wireless network backhaul solution, wireless transport network
Is traditional microwave dead? With the advent of Multi-Band, it could be. Why accept an old solution when you can have so much more by combining E-Band and traditional microwave into a single-box unit. Governments are taking action across the world to connect homes and businesses in rural areas to the rest of the world. From the 7-year action plan devised by National Broadband Ireland (NBI) to the Federal Communications Commission’s (FCC) $9.2 billion newly implemented Rural Digital Opportunity Fund, there is a worldwide focus on the connectedness of rural areas. As capacity demands increase rapidly for rural broadband networks, a better solution than traditional microwave is needed.
- November 24, 2020
- all outdoor radio, Aviat Store, backhaul, Backhaul (telecommunications), dream team, E-Band, Microwave Radio, millimeter-wave, multi-band, multiband, OHS, OpenSoftHaul, Telecom Infra Project, WBH PG, Wireless Backhaul
When it comes to delivering the best in wireless backhaul solutions, Aviat sets the bar high, and now we have been selected as one of the “best-positioned suppliers” for the OpenSoftHaul (OSH) global RFI sponsored by Telecom Infra Project’s Wireless Backhaul Project Group (WBH PG).
- November 19, 2020
- 18 GHz, 80 GHz, E-Band, internet service providers, ISP, microwave radios, millimeter-wave, mmw, multi-band, multiband, ODU, RFU, service providers, traditional microwave, wisp
Some multi-box Multi-Band solutions currently available on the market fail to provide a seamless switchover between the traditional microwave and E-band frequencies when the E-band portion becomes unavailable—leading to reduced capacity and the need for manual intervention to correct the link’s performance.
TWS technologies, based in the Netherlands, are always looking for new systems to enable reliable connections for their customers, anytime, anywhere.
Safaricom, the largest telecom company in Kenya, recently selected Aviat’s WTM 4800 multi-band radio platform to support their 5G backhaul rollout.
The evolution of applications, services and demands on private broadband networks are creating new requirements for coverage and agility. The backhaul network has to be smarter, simpler and more cost effective to be able to handle the challenge of connecting any device, anywhere. Microwave offers reliability and security, data speeds that make new capabilities possible. Plus, Aviat’s Private LTE backhaul offers much lower CAPEX and OPEX compared to other solutions, such as fiber or leased lines. There are several key considerations to keep in mind when you develop your private LTE network. Find more information, download our infographic
In February, Aviat announced the availability of its transport products that conform to the Telecom Infra Project (TIP) Wireless Backhaul Project Group specification. Aviat’s products include a modular architecture that allows for an integrated multi-band (E-Band + Microwave) solution with open netconf/yang interfaces. The TIP Wireless Backhaul specification was developed by the Wireless Backhaul Project Group within TIP in collaboration with the world’s premier mobile operators, including Axiata, Deutsche Telekom, Telefonica, TIM Brazil, and MTN.
Part 1 of our “Revolutionizing 5G Mission Critical Transport Networks” blog post series addressed microwave versus fiber as the better solution for mission critical 5G. We now continue our exploration focusing on mission critical use cases. Many critical applications, such as connected/autonomous cars, industrial Internet of Things (IoT), M2M, and public safety applications, require consistent reliability from their mobile networks. Under threat of multi-day outages from disasters and other types of network downtime and service outages, mobile networks must ensure the reliability and resiliency needed for 5G operation and its critical missions.